The Agony and the Ecstasy: H&M Review 16-03-2019

I'm an H&M loyalist, but never has this world class retailer - for many a go-to when they need wardrobe staples - never has it engendered any extreme feelings but those that are positive. Today, I visited their flagship store on Manhattan's Times Square, where I encountered several sartorial thou-shalt-nots among the many must-haves. Salient moments from the men's department in photographs (five megapixel):

Yes,

Yes,

YES! To this classic-seeming take on vintage 1980s Members Only. Really, an improvement over the original.

There are times when (granted, after applying some individual accents) I would wear almost exactly in what the H&M mannequin is dressed, but to pair the otherwise fetching jacket above with the pictured pants is a major, 'No!' I almost wanted to call the management (but I was frightened that I might face accusations of stodginess.)

Oh God, the band collar button-down: I so wanted it to die ignominiously on the Macy's clearance rack in 1992! Non!

'Yes,' to this hue, and to this silhouette on a breezy, early Spring day.

Oui!

The nascent global space industry and its astropreneurs such as Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Sir Richard Branson, et alia are supaa sugoi right now; and so, as well, is the American space agency NASA. These fun jackets have the right stuff!

This uncharacteristically daring choice of color and style actually gets me to opine, 'Yes.'

Ugh...

...Thanks, but no thanks. H&M has been pushing this ugly fabric for some months now, from San Francisco to New York City, and enough is enough. Get rid of it!

(Yours truly in a dollar store acrylic watch cap, Muji wool turtleneck, Molton Brown baby alpaca wrap, Levi's 510 jeans, and Saucony Jazz sneakers - just so nobody can say that I hid behind my camera!

(This post dedicated to the man I love: a semper lepidus ad semper fidelis 👨‍❤️‍👨👬)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Public Service Announcement

A Personal Note #mentalhealth, #psychiatry, #psychiatricdiagnoses, #mentalillness, #bipolar, #psychosis